Postgraduate Research Fellowships
Postgraduate scholarship for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander in child and youth mental health.
We’re seeking to engage with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander PhD candidates who would value a research scholarship to work in child and youth mental health research, with a focus on Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community needs. We’re offering up to $35,950 per annum plus project costs, to $50,000 in total, for three years.
This scholarship is funded by the Medical Research Future Fund grant MRF2006438 under the Million Minds Mission, and is supported by the University of Sydney, School of Psychology.
This scholarship may be awarded as either a primary or supplementary scholarship.
The primary scholarship will provide an annual stipend allowance equivalent to the University of Sydney RTP rate (indexed on 1 January each year) for up to three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
The supplementary scholarship will cover additional project costs of up to $14,050 per annum for up to three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
- be a domestic student
- be of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- have an unconditional offer of admission or be enrolled in a full-time PhD within the School of Psychology at the Faculty of Science
- be willing to conduct research in child and youth mental health consistent with the core activities of Growing Minds Australia
- hold an honours degree (first class or second class upper) or a master’s degree in a related field with a substantial research component
- apply for the Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarships
- hold a primary stipend scholarship to be eligible for the supplementary scholarship
- have a research member of Growing Minds Australia based at the University of Sydney as a primary research supervisor
- hold or willing to apply for a Working with Children Check (WWC), where necessary.
For more information please visit the University of Sydney scholarships website, or get in touch with us at email@example.com.