Research Assistant (Growing Minds Check-In)
Job Type: Full time Contract until May 2026
GMA is looking for a Research Assistant (Growing Minds Check-In) to support the Growing Minds Australia team. You will be required to provide technical and operational support to the Program Managers of the Growing Minds Check-In (GMCI) and the broader team to support the research activities of this project. You will be primarily assisting the development and assessment of the GMCI for parents (GMCI-P), a brief online child mental health assessment tool for parents of children age from birth to 17 years. The check-in aims to empower parents to identify children at risk of mental health problems and ensure they get access to evidence-based interventions. In addition to the parent focused tool, the team will be developing versions of the check-in for young people (GMCI-Y), preschool educators (GMCI-PE), and will engaging in a co-design process with caregivers of Aboriginal children to broaden the reach and universal application of the online check-in tool (funded by an Australia Rotary Health grant).
Looking for people with:
- a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology
- skills in data analysis, using statistical analysis tools such as SPSS, and reporting on research findings
- experience in developing and working on research projects, including expertise in using research protocols, REDCap, data analysis, ethics submissions and grant applications
- experience in conducting initial participant screening interviews and consenting participants to research
- experience or interest in child mental health
- working understanding of relevant aspects of the Work Health and Safety Policy and relevant legislation, including Safe Laboratory Practices, as applicable to the work environment
- demonstrated experience in a research-intensive environment and randomised controlled trials (RCT).
For the full job description please click here:
for any queries please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org